Unfortunately it now appears that a war between the US and it’s allies with Iran is imminent. By any military analysts assessment this has a real chance of changing the current multi-theatre war against terrorism and so called rouge/terrorist states into a real World War III scenario!
Following the Main Stream Media (MSM) in the west over the last few months you would be sensing that many things have happened that support the war with Iran rationale. You would of heard that Iran want a Nuclear bomb and would be prepared to use it against Israel and the US. Other alarming stories include Iran is trading in weapons with “rouge states”, Iran is killing innocent people abroad, Iran’s President is insane and wants to “wipe Israel off the map”, Iran has been involved in terrorist plots/bombings and may attack inside the US, Iran is trading drugs and the list of baseless accusation goes on and on. Interesting to remember that after 9/11 the MSM did little to question the actual events and who benefited but devoted massive media speculation that Iraq was involved while no evidence existed. Managing to convince the vast majority of American public Saddam was involved with the 9/11 attacks leading to growing public support for the 2003 invasion.
Many times over the last decade it was obvious by the rhetoric out of Washington and from their many think tanks like PNAC (The Project for the New American Century) and leaked memos from the Pentagon that the Caspian Basin would be central to their future plans of an expanding Empire. The only obstacle was then generating the public and political support to do so. Prophetically the Neo-Con document “Rebuilding Americas Defences (year 2000)” had said a “New Pearl Harbour” type event was required for this purpose and then very conveniently happened on September 11 2001. Thus facilitating the new American Empire they wanted by enraging the US population to a war mentality and allowing massive budget increases.
It was soon obvious which countries were marked for “regime change” or worse in the Middle East including Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and Iran. The most probable reasons for this desire to control these countries was to complete it’s dominance of the Caspian Basin oil reserves, protect its allies Israel and Saudi Arabia and to ultimately usurp any possible arrangements between Iran, China, India and Russia that could threaten the trading of oil in US Dollars. In my opinion the US deep state believe if oil rich countries get the idea they can trade direct with sovereign nations with out using the US dollar the US Empire will certainly be finished, well economically at least. If this means the death of millions in the Middle East and of tens of thousands of their own troops by these wars then that’s fine with them as long as keep control of the oil trade.
This increasing projection of US force is even more likely as the US Empire begins to crumble for it will wish to deny the rising economic giants a secure supply of energy. To quote Michel Chossudovsky and Finian Cunningham in their recent article “War Plan Iran” “From the Western powers’ point of view, Iran is both an elusive prize and a frustrating obstacle. Bringing Iran back into the orbit of Western capitalist control has the added significance of depriving energy and other geopolitical advantages to rival powers, in particular Russia and China.” This situation is not going to be allowed to eventuate without pushing diplomatic relationships with China and Russia and others to breaking point. Will they act economically or militarily is the only question in my view. Either way the world will be in for more economic stress, debt and expanding military budgets but most worrying a possible nuclear exchange.
So lets look at the picture being painted at present, that is the hype and propaganda v’s the actual situation and why this confrontation is now apparently imminent.
- Iran has no Nuclear Weapons Program says all US and western intelligence agencies
- Iran is ideologically opposed to Nuclear Weapons
- Iran has continued to threaten the US Dollar dominance of trading through it’s own oil bourse and will drop US dollar trade completely on March 20 this year
- China and Russia is increasingly upset by US Policy in the gulf and Iran/Syria may be last straw
- Massive build up of US military force in Persian Gulf
- Positioning of large troop contingents in Israel and Kuwait
- War Games have recently escalated in the strait of Hormuz
- US has recently announced the biggest ever arms sale to Saudi Arabia (60 Billion USD)
- Israel is “ready” for war with Iran and could strike at any time
- US Sanctions on Iran while diplomacy ends, historically means next step is a military intervention
- Russia prepared to use military force to protect interests in Gulf region say Russian Military Experts
- Main Stream Media Critics of US Middle East Policy barely exist and continue to be shut down or sacked
The propaganda and hype;
- Mainstream Media (MSM) support the Neo-Con agenda that Iranians are “determined to become a nuclear power” are “crazy” and will use it if they get it as they are criminals prepared to do anything to get what they want
- The current US policy of sanctions are required to persuade Iran to stop it’s Nuclear Weapons Program as diplomacy is impossible
- Many allegations have been made by US and its allies that Iran is involved in criminal terrorist activities without any hard evidence and seldom are followed up
- MSM are beating the drums of war again with baseless stories and a quick search of YouTube shows many spun stories making it seem Iran is determined to get a nuclear weapon while clearly no evidence exists
- Iranian Elected President Mamoud Ahmadinejad is continually misquoted to give a sense that he will “wipe Israel of the map” and believes the Jewish Holocaust never happened
- The current line up of Republican Candidates ( except Ron Paul who receives little or no coverage while often has the majority of popular grass-roots support ) continue to call for war with Iran
- Israel pushing hard for war and blaming Iran for attacks against their country without hard evidence
- Attacks against Iran and the murder of its scientist supported by media and political spokesmen as required and acceptable
- Iran being set up for the next 9/11 “false flag” to give reason for US attack
So there’s the argument. Now to the question. Can the war with Iran be stopped by rational actors calling for truth and for sanity in the face of such propaganda produced by strong Neo-Con/Israeli control of the media, the US Congress and most importantly within the UN itself?
Well I would say it’s unlikely with the current state of the paralysed Peace Movement and completely controlled MSM world wide. But I do believe with a raising of awareness in the general public of exactly how dangerous this war could be for us all, both physically and economically it is possible to put a stop to the Neo-Con/Israeli plan once again.
I have found that the argument against a war with Iran leading to a possible WWIII is very easy to make even if you like the US Empires control of the Caspian Basin or it’s support of Israel. Because turning the Middle East into one big war theatre with a likely escalation in the region by a confrontation between the US and China/Russia is obvious madness. This only makes sense to few warmongering power elite who care little for life, the progress towards peace or the stability of the region or the world for that matter.
I personally recently decided to start a process to address this situation in Sydney, Australia by organising a truth awareness rally see: Say NO to a WAR with Iran! Deflate the WAR HYPE with Truth Awareness