Latest Findings Raise New Questions about Hijackers and Suggest Incomplete Investigation
A contributor to the History Commons has obtained a 298-page document entitled Hijackers Timeline (Redacted) from the FBI, subsequent to a Freedom of Information Act request. The document was a major source of information for the 9/11 Commission’s final report. Though the commission cited the timeline 52 times in its report, it failed to include some of the document’s most important material.
The printed document is dated November 14, 2003, but appears to have been compiled in mid-October 2001 (the most recent date mentioned in it is October 22, 2001), when the FBI was just starting to understand the backgrounds of the hijackers, and it contains almost no information from the CIA, NSA, or other agencies. This raises questions as to why the 9/11 Commission relied so heavily on such an early draft for their information about the hijackers.
Read the rest of this entry »
Published: Thursday February 28, 2008
Hijacker had post-9/11 flights scheduled, files say
Newly-released records obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request contradict the 9/11 Commission’s report on the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks and raise fresh questions about the role of Saudi government officials in connection to the hijackers.
The nearly 300 pages of a Federal Bureau of Investigation timeline used by the 9/11 Commission as the basis for many of its findings were acquired through a FOIA request filed by Kevin Fenton, a 26 year old translator from the Czech Republic. The FBI released the 298-page “hijacker timeline” Feb. 4.
The FBI timeline reveals that alleged hijacker Hamza Al-Ghamdi, who was aboard the United Airlines flight which crashed into the South Tower of the World Trade Center, had booked a future flight to San Francisco. He also had a ticket for a trip from Casablanca to Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia.
Though referenced repeatedly in the footnotes of the final 9/11 Commission report, the timeline has not previously been made available to the public.
Read the rest of this entry »
WAY TO GO JOHN!!!
I called John yesterday to wish him, and everyone else involved tomorrow luck. I hope their efforts are successful. - Jon
February 25, 2008
World Trade Center first responders and their families are heading to D.C. to continue fighting for health care.
Nearly 200 first responders are heading to Capitol Hill to hold a rally Tuesday protesting major cuts to their health care.
They say the government slashed the budget for 9/11 health care from $108 million to $25 million for the next fiscal year. The workers say they deserve better care after exposing themselves to toxic air.
“We’re not going to stand for being cut out of the budget by 77 percent,” said John Feal, founder of the Fealgood Foundation. “It’s not adequate and it’s an insult.”
“If I got hurt in Afghanistan, my family and I would be covered, but since I got hurt in Manhattan we’re not,” said WTC construction worker Thomas Magee.
Many first responders are also pushing congress to pass the James Zadroga bill which would ensure that everyone exposed to toxins at Ground Zero has proper medical care.
I was very proud to be apart of this.
A big thanks to Lorie Van Auken for providing the transcript for this speech. - Jon
Thanks, my name is Lorie Van Auken, and my husband, Kenneth Van Auken, was killed on September 11, 2001. On the morning of 9/11, Ken left me a message that said, “I love you. I’m in the World Trade Center. The building was hit by something. I don’t know if I am going to get out, but I love you very much. I hope I see you later, bye”. Ken didn’t get out, and I never saw him again. From his message, I knew that he had survived the plane’s impact into his office building, WTC Tower One.
Six years after the event, that’s about all I know. I don’t know how Ken died. Perhaps he died in the fire of smoke inhalation, or maybe he was killed when the building collapsed, I suppose that I will never know. Since we didn’t receive any of his remains, Ken never had a funeral. It turns out that almost everything about 9/11 was out of the ordinary, including the fact that it was never properly investigated.
When Bill Pepper asked me to be a part of a real investigation into 9/11, I found it difficult to say no.
The reason that we need an investigation into 9/11 is because we never actually had one. Almost 3,000 people were killed on September 11th, and many more have gotten sick and died from working on “the pile” at the WTC after the attacks. Oddly, there has never been a real look into how 9/11 could have occurred.
Read the rest of this entry »
From my speech on 1/29/2008.
On or around the beginning of October 2004, 4 audio tapes were released. They were a partial release of the 9/11 Omission hearings that took place on September 9th, 2004 in New York City. Chaired by then Former Representative Cynthia McKinney, and people like Dr. Faiz Khan, Paul Thompson, and a man sitting here tonight that I both admire, and respect, Bob McIlvaine. Those recordings was the first time I was exposed to a 9/11 Family member crying. That family member was Bob McIlvaine. Bob will be the first to tell you that when he talks about his son Bobby, he can’t help but to cry. I felt such anger from that. I knew from Bob’s tears that what I was doing was right, and I had to continue. Ever since then, whenever Bob McIlvaine speaks, I listen. This past November, I got to spend 4 hours in the car with Bob, and it was a very pleasant, and educational experience. Thank you Bob for being here tonight, and for your amazing determination.
The above video is the clip mentioned in the speech. I wanted everyone to see. Maybe his words will do for you as they did for me.
Thanks to DarbyDoTube
Lorie Van Auken in New York City, expressing frustration at the 9/11 Commission’s lack of passion for the facts. Mrs. Van Auken, one of the prime forces involved in lobbying for the original 9/11 Commission, addresses her disappointment with its honesty and calls for a new investigation.